Cannon Rebel Err 02 Code

Discussion in 'Canon' started by DesignatedD, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dugpatrick

dugpatrick Member

You might want to check for bent pins. Look into the CF slot and see if all the pins are still intact and straight. (I keep my CF installed all the time so I don't have to worry about the pins)

Can you reformat the CF? Also you might want to try a hard reset of the camera -- pull the battery out and wait several minutes.

Also you might try asking at Rebel group in this forum:
    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

Doug

2. DesignatedD

DesignatedD Member

I have tried all this. Reformated the cards no bent pins. Reset it I left the camera over night with all the batteries in and still a error.

3. pacific419

pacific419 New Member

Even changing the CF card often won't remove the error due to the possible pins that are bent or broken,usually in the read /write area of the connections.I tried formatting my cf cards but to no avail and opening the camera myself I found these -broken/bent pins.These happens due to worn out card path that made the cf card go off way towards their respective pins.This requires propessional service.

4. RebelShooter

RebelShooter New Member

@DesignatedD...I have a similar issue. But when I pull the cards out (that I've previously used w/o probs & are by 2 diff manufactures) the "No CF Card" shows on the LCD. Were you able to resolve your problem?

5. jcee

jcee New Member

Same happened with mine when I allowed teen to borrow camera last night. Seems he tried, (forcefully) to insert card backwards and bent pins. Hubby trying to fix. Hope that helps with your dilemma.

6. Guru22

Guru22 New Member

Sorry Can't help you with that. Yeah, why don't you go to repair shop??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.