Cannot upload pix..Pls HELP!!

Discussion in 'HP' started by ambi, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambi

ambi New Member

Ok I have an HP E427 camera. All of the sudden,I cannot upload pics from my sd card. I can view the pics on the camera,but I cant get them on the computer. My computer has a ton of free space. PLease help,these are my son's first halloween pics & I hope they are not lost! Also,what is formating a camera & should I do that?

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Do not format the card - that will erase everything on the memory card.

So, what happens when you connect the camera to your computer with the cable?

3. ambi

ambi New Member

Everything goes as normal when I plug into the compyter (using USB cord). I see most of my pictures,but the last hundred or so just show me the thumbnail,or they still say downloading. It basically will not let me select anything off this card to upload to my computer. I have tried several other computers and they wont upload them either. I even tried putting in a new memory card with a few pix taken on it and it uploaded right away! So I know it has to be a problem with the SD card?

4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

What are you using to view the pictures? Software from the camera, or something built in, like Windows Explorer? If you're using Windows Explorer, can you just drag files onto your computer, even if it's just one at a time?

5. ambi

ambi New Member

Thanks for the response. I did not put the CD in for my camera,so I guess I am just using Windows for it. I have had the same computer & this same camera for over a yr & have not done anything different to it recently. I will try dragging the pictures that I can see,but alot of the pictures will not come up. They just have the big red X and say downloading. I googled a couple things today & was reading about software that can restore images from a SD card. Not sure if it's worth purchasing or not? I know if and when I get these pictures off this card,I will not use this same card in my camera ever again.

6. avisitor

avisitor Well-Known Member

Try doing it using a card reader instead of your camera. You will see higher speeds and hopefully will have better luck.

These can be had for about $20-30.

7. Thomash

Thomash Well-Known Member

Yee, and depending on your computer you may have an SD slot built in, try looking for it.

8. tink2dw

tink2dw Member

Have you checked the tiny lock on the left side of your SD Card? It will look like a notch in the side of the card. Push it down toward the square bottom of the card. It is there to keep your photo's safe, but is a total nuisance if is locked. It can become locked while removing from your camera by accident.
    Happened to me! But my techy son knew just what had happened and unlooked and everything was fine!:D

9. cameraman911

cameraman911 Banned

First of all check the tiny lock. Then make sure your windows isn't corrupt (reinstall to make sure). If still it isn't working then change the port of usb in which you are inserting the card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.