1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.
  2. Due to platform maintenance, the forum will be inaccessible for about 10 minutes beginning about 2 p.m. Sorry for any inconvenience! We'll remove this notice when work is complete.

Canon 5D Mark III help!!

Discussion in 'Canon' started by PMiller31, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMiller31

PMiller31 New Member

Was recently hired at a job with no knowledge of cameras, and somehow I've turned into a 'DP' still with no knowledge of cameras.

They gave me a Canon 5D Mark III to use and I've been shooting with it for 2 weeks but still have no idea really! (Also gave me a panasonic, will post in that forum too!

My main question is, I have all these wireless mics and transmitter, yet the camera only has 1 mic slot. What are my options to ask the company to buy so I can hook up say 3-4 mics at the same time?

Also, trying to put these files on a Quantel Edit server has been a nightmare. I originally shot in 1080 24 but that took hours to upload a 3 min piece of footage. So I then shot in 720 x 60 but it still does'nt work well.

So another question is, does anyone have any idea how to compress these files w/o losing quality? Final cut pro tricks?

Many questions here, but hell it's saturday, let's talk!

Paul

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

This not my area of expertise but I know that there are adapters that will enable you to hook up multiple mics to your 5D Mark III. Beachtek is one manufacturer.

As to compressing video files I'm sure this can be done but I don't know what program you'd need to do it.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.