Canon 7D Mark II question.

Discussion in 'Canon' started by David Corkum, Jan 26, 2016.

1. David Corkum

David Corkum New Member

Please help. I have a Canon 7D and just bought a 7D Mark II for a second camera. After getting it home and taking a few shots found out that Windows 7 will not open the Raw file and my Adobe Elements 12 Camera Raw also will not open the Raw file. Really like camera raw and really don't want to change to another program. Pretty disappointed after spending a lot of money that I cannot open the Raw file. Anyone out there with some advice I would love to hear it. Thanks for now.

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

No guarantee this will work. But download the 7Dii version of Digital Photo Professional from the Canon web site. Installing that program may give your computer the conversion tool for the latest Canon RAW files. Which your Elements may pick up. Maybe. Costs nothing to try.

Kelly

3. David Corkum

David Corkum New Member

Thank you Kelly. I have Digital Photo Professional installed, came with my Mark II. I could do Raw photos with it but like Camera Raw because there is more to work with.

David

4. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Then try updating your ACR program. If that doesn't do the trick, you may have to use a DNG conversion. This is what I had to do when I trialed a new 760D and needed to access the RAW files with my old editors.

Kelly