1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.
  2. Due to platform maintenance, the forum will be inaccessible for about 10 minutes beginning about 2 p.m. Sorry for any inconvenience! We'll remove this notice when work is complete.

Canon digital ixus 60 camera problem

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Garakis, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garakis

Garakis New Member

I have this camera 5 years now and it is very nice and simple but today it turn off when i was using it..I try million times to turn it on without any result..:mad:mad :mad ...Also the lens stop out of the camera and i cant push it inside..Can someone help me?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

First of all, don't force the lens closed - you'll break the mechanism.

When this type of thing happens the problem is usually caused by something getting stuck in the lens, which will result in the camera displaying an E18 Lens Error. But since your camera won't even turn on it could be something else.

Try recharging the battery and see if that helps. If it doesn't, you'll have to see about getting the camera repaired. I'd first contact Canon. But considering that your camera is 5 years old it may make more sense to invest your money in a new camera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.