Canon EOS 40 D Pricing....

Discussion in 'Canon' started by BeckerBeckman, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeckerBeckman

BeckerBeckman Member

Alright i am going to get the 40D i think.. I am new to SLR, but i really like this model. Now on the main site it states its $1,400. I have found package deals off of other various websites having the price around $600-900...

Do you think those warehouse like places selling cameras and other accessories is/are shady or fake?

2. BeckerBeckman

BeckerBeckman Member

3. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I would do your homework on the reseller and avoid them like the plague. In a quick google search I found nothing but bad news about them. Also, think about it, why would they sell cameras that much cheaper than everyone else?

4. kanehi

kanehi Well-Known Member

5. BeckerBeckman

BeckerBeckman Member

What makes buying my camera at resellerratings.com better/safer than getting it from bestpricecameras.com or other sites like this??

6. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

Step back a minute here - resellerratings.com is a place to find out if where you buy your camera is a good, reliable store or not. You don't buy from resellerratings.com. So the real question is why is it safer/better to buy from someone like B & H, or Adorama, or any other store than buying from bestpricecameras.com. To be honest, anyone that is selling a camera like the 40 D or Nikon D300 for such a significantly lower price makes me shy away.

7. BeckerBeckman

BeckerBeckman Member

I understand exactly what your saying now... Is that reseller pretty trustworthy??

Also where would you go if you went on the net to get a cheaper than retail price?

8. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  9. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 Active Member

If it sounds too good to be true it IS.

Some of these places, a third less than anyone else you have to wonder. First, if they can't "upsell" you for a thousand dollars more, they won't ship a product for months, if ever. It'll be "Back-ordered".

How do I know? Not personal experience. Just so many sad stories on many forums. B&H , Adorama, Amazon, a few others, the best LEGITIMATE prices, service, get what you paid for and get it fast.

My favorites, and the ones I have spent WAY too much money at are Amazon and B&H. They treat you HONESTLY and right.

10. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

I agree. Buy from a reputable source.

Oh, and BTW, the Canon EOS 40D is a phenomenal camera!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.