Canon EOS 50D Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Jerry Jackson, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson Administrator News/Review Writer

Whether it's entry-level digital cameras or professional-grade DSLRs with full-frame image sensors, Canon has remained at the top of the digital camera market for some time. The Canon EOS 50D sits firmly in the middle of Canon's current DSLR lineup, offering high performance at a reasonable price for working photographers and advanced amateurs. Canon's reputation for cranking out new models on a consistent (to their critics, predictable) timetable is well earned, and the 50D replaces the popular 40D by adding some solid improvements – including live view, a newly developed 15.1 megapixel CMOS sensor, improved high ISO performance, and enhanced noise reduction options.

[​IMG]

Read the full content of this Article: Canon EOS 50D Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  2. dils

dils New Member

Re: Canon EOS 50D Review

Jerry's clearly a Nikkon shooter. I disagree completely with his review of the 50d. I purchased a 50d because I loved how easily it was controlled, and how fantastic its options are.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  3. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Re: Canon EOS 50D Review

The screen definitely looks gorgeous!

I haven't had a chance to really take a look at the 50D in person, but I disagree with Jerry about the controls of Canon DSLRs, I think it works very well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.