Canon Power Shot SX 30 IS

Discussion in 'Canon' started by E. M. Hunt, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. M. Hunt

E. M. Hunt New Member

I was given the Canon Power Shot SX 30 IS for my birthday over 2 years ago. It takes wonderful outdoor shot and the zoom on this camera is awesome. My problem.....all my indoor pictures are yellow. I know I can use a white background and manually set the camera on the C1 or C2 setting but ....this is suppose to be a point and shoot and since I'm not a professional photographer I like to use the Auto setting. I also own a Panasonic DMC-TZ5 and this little thing takes great indoor pictures with it on the auto setting. Why can't I get my Canon to do this? Is there a problem with the camera or is it my inexperience? Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

E

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The shots are yellow because incandescent light indoors gives off a yellow glow. The camera's auto white balance should adjust for this. Have you set the camera to full auto mode? If it's not on full auto, check your white balance settings to make sure it's set to "tungsten".

3. E. M. Hunt

E. M. Hunt New Member

I have it set to auto, I have reset the factory settings numerous times.... I have changed the WB settings to all the different lighting sources, including the tungsten setting but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The only way I get the correct colour for indoor pictures is to not use the flash. The color is perfect as long as I don't use the flash but the camera automatically tells me when it is needed so I use it. The problem I have with NOT using the flash is that if there is the slightest movement from someone, move a hand or turn their head, that part of the picture is blurry.I just don't understand this camera at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.