Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Howard Creech, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Creech

Howard Creech News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  2. KDArtStudio

KDArtStudio New Member

The touch screen doesn't always work the first time, wasting a lot of time 'setting up' images for an automatic camera... by the time it does work, birds,insects,music performers, moving subjects have gone.......shot missed.

The digital macro feature is far better on the SD790 IS

The SD3500 IS seems to take a long time to set up functions before you take pics, compared to other point & shoot cameras with dial operation, have owned 3 powershot cameras, this one was a replacement for my SD790 IS which I like the best of the 3 I have owned ... thought with the advanced technology of touchscreen the SD3500 IS would have been faster, but it takes more time than the older cameras.... as any photographer knows, time is of the essence in photography....the idea behind the technology was good perhaps, but the actual functionality of the camera is too slow in reality

3. mopperman

mopperman New Member

The review states that you can't zoom while shooting video. This is not true. I just shot a video and zoomed while shooting. The fully-zoomed in quality is pretty grainy, but it does zoom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.