Canon rebel t2i vs nikon d90

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by phoenix86, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenix86

phoenix86 Member

Can anyone tell me which is best between the two??

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

For image quality, those who are not photographers would not be able to tell any difference. For pixel peepers, the T2i has the advantage of a newer sensor with arguably better performance. The D90 has Nikon lenses, which some Nikon fans think are sharper.

For a beginner, the T2i was designed for you. Nice Auto mode results, controls may not be as intimidating as on the D90.

For an enthusiast, the D90 is more of a semi-pro design. Optimized for shooting with the manual modes. Nicer auto focus than the T2i.

Here are links to more threads with a little more detail -

http://forum.digitalcamerareview.com/what-camera-should-i-buy/10609-dslr-not-dslr.html

http://forum.digitalcamerareview.com/what-camera-should-i-buy/15408-amatuer-dslr.html

Kelly Cook

3. phoenix86

phoenix86 Member

thank you cook..I am basically a beginner..thanks for the advice..

4. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

My personal view is that the Canon Rebel models are a "natural" choice for beginners. The strongest case for Nikon is to get advanced controls and / or particular Nikon lenses. Which don't really apply to beginners. That approach is for some (not all!) looking a few years down the road. The case for Sony is the advanced video, and general bang-for-the-buck. Unfortunately the enthusiast's road with Sony is a short one. Sony does not offer any advanced bodies like the Canon EOS 7D or Nikon D300s.

Kelly

5. phoenix86

phoenix86 Member

oh ok..thank you once again..what cam do you own??and which you prefer to have?

6. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

I have an older Sony. Of course I'd like upgrade to a newer camera. My wish list keeps churning, but currently includes the Canon T1i (I'm too cheap for the T2i), Nikon D90 (refurb), D3100, Sony A500 and A560.

Kelly

7. phoenix86

phoenix86 Member

Oh ok..all the best..get ur cam and let me know and see that..nice time chatting with u..R u in flikr or anyother forum?this is my flikr id-warkum(i am new to flikr,u wont find any fotos......)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  8. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.