1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.
  2. Due to platform maintenance, the forum will be inaccessible for about 10 minutes beginning about 2 p.m. Sorry for any inconvenience! We'll remove this notice when work is complete.

Canon sx280 or IXUS 255 (ELPH 330)

Discussion in 'Canon' started by stephennic, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephennic

stephennic Member

Hi,

I am looking at buying a camera. Which would be better for image quality in low light and normal, the sx280 or IXUS 255? Also which has panaroma function? Both on sale at the moment, any feedback would be helpful.

My first time on this forum, thanks.

Warm regards

Steve

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

They have the same sensor, 1/2.3 inch CMOS with 12.1 megapixels, so their image quality is very similar.

They both have a panorama mode but they require you to "stitch" 3 photos together. In contrast, other brands such as Nikon, Sony, Fuji and Panasonic, have an auto-panorama mode where you can create panoramas by simply moving the camera.

3. stephennic

stephennic Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. Its interesting I talked to a shop today that had both models that said the 280 would be better image with the new 6 processor, then a read a review by choice magazine that put the 255 ahead in image quality. It so confusing.
    Cheers
    Steve

4. stephennic

stephennic Member

Hi,

I bought the canon ixus 255, great image quality for such a small camera.

Cheers

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.