Casio EX-P505

Discussion in 'Casio' started by camerashy, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camerashy

camerashy Member

It seems as though digital cameras are turning into mini movie cameras. The Casio EX-P505 allows you to make movies. Depending on the pixel quality. You can record up to 42 minutes per 256 memory card. Does anyone own one of these? What do you think of it?

2. JehovaHimself

JehovaHimself New Member

I don't have the Casio EX-P505 but I am considering it. My wife has the Casio EX-S500 which also shoots MPEG4 video. With her 2GB SD card, she can shoot up to 1 hour and 10 minutes on the highest quality movie setting with sound, which is 640x480 30 fps at average 3700 kbps (using fully Compliant MPEG-4 v2 simple profile codec).

The resulting MPEG4 is DVD quality and plays natively in WM10. Even though the Casios are not the best point-n-shoot cameras available, the quality of MPEG4 video makes them worthwhile. Personally, when it comes to capturing family moments and daily happenings, I'd rather have video than photos. So any camera that can shoot great MPEG4 and decent still photos is, for us, more practical (the people we share the videos with agree too).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  3. Fable

Fable Well-Known Member

Is this any different to how most other cameras allow you to shoot video?
    If not, its nothing new :)
    Most cameras have video capabilities, its just that most aren't too good with it.. sound quality especially is lacking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.