Casio sucks

Discussion in 'Casio' started by lurch, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurch

lurch New Member

Many weeks ago, I got my Casio camera out of the case and the LCD screen was broken. The camera was fine when I put it away. I realized that the screen broke when I pushed on the snap to close the cover. I felt like this was a warranty item since they made the screen and the case and I used everything as intended. I sent it in for them to look at as a warranty repair. They refused. I called in mid-July to get my camera back since I wasn't about to pay $90 for their mistake. I gave the woman a CC number to pay for the $10 to ship it back. Comes Mid-August and no camera. I called and was told there was no record of my asking for the camera to be returned. I once again gave them a CC number to pay for the return. I called again today (8/31) and was told there was no record of my requesting the camera's return. Never, ever buy a Casio product again. Casio sucks.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about your broken LCD.

When possible I send business-type communications through e-mail. That way you have a record of what you sent and when you sent it.

3. lurch

lurch New Member

Just a follow up on my Casio problems that I detailed below. After several attempts to get my camera back repaired or not, I got an email from them stating that they were "scrapping" my camera per my request. I never requested such a thing. I repeatedly demanded its return. So I wrote the president of the company in America. A couple of weeks later, I got my camera back with a new LCD screen (not installed). Installation was easy since all of the casing screws on my camera were missing. I called customer service twice over the next few weeks to get the screws. They said OK, they would send them. Another two weeks have passed and no screws. I again have written the president of the company. Casio sucks, Casio sucks, Casio sucks.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

You're making progress, though. You have to stay on top of these things, as your experience shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.