caution - dunce asking questions!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Beamer, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beamer

Beamer New Member

I have a Canon Powershot SD780 IS - absolutely love it! I'm an equine enthusiast and this little camera has recorded some pretty incredible scenery for me - all from the back of a mule or a horse. Can't recommend it enough!

My question however, relates to taking movies/videos.

1. What is the difference between NTSC and PAL? ETA - ok so I googled the ntsc vs pal thing and need to change the question! Which setting should I be using on my camera considering it's strictly for fun, personal use that will MOST likely be deleted....

2. What software do you recommend to edit them?

I took a 5-6 min video and it's 190 MB - yowsers! Strikes me that I've got a setting out of whack somewhere, but not sure where!

Anybody help?

Thanks, Beamer

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

NTSC is the standard used in in North America and Central America, Taiwan and South Korea. PAL is used everywhere else.

Take a look at this Wikipedia link.
    Video editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Beamer

Beamer New Member

Thanks, Andy - I'm beginning to realize that I've opened the can of worms of "holy crap there's a lot to learn" on both my cameras and editing the videos. And! I think I found the setting that caused my file size to be so large. Time to make time for doing some indepth studying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.