Change back to the old website layout

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by jsd, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsd

jsd Member

It was better than this new one.
    It was much easier to read. I get really dissapointed when I see a great website change their look to something worse. It makes me want to throw up.

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Obviously you'll forgive me if I disagree. :)

While I agree that there's more going on on the homepage, the new layout will give us the ability to divide out the difference kinds of content, separate feature articles from smaller news posts, and keep things a little more visually interesting.

There are some kinks in the forums still, especially, but give us a little time to get those worked out, give the new layout a chance, and see if you haven't changed your mind.

In general, I think most people found the old layout a little too text-heavy to easily wade through, but I'm sorry you dislike the new format.

dr

3. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I need to give it some time to see what I really think, but so far its been a bit harder. Part of that is just cause its new, though.

4. David Rasnake

It will take some getting used to for all of us, but obviously if there are things that don't work (broken links, messed up pages, etc.), or things that could work better in terms of layout and structure, please let me know.

Once you get into the site, I think you'll find that the underlying structure is largely the same.

dr

5. Busybee

Busybee Well-Known Member

Hi all:) , I found some difficulty to find my photos, and when I managed can't find the upload button! Where is it?:eek:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  6. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I like the user friendliness of the new look, but it really needs some color (preferably red, like the old site).

7. David Rasnake

Hi Busybee -
    The gallery is one of the things we're still working to integrate. It's still there, but there's only one link to it at the homepage. We'll get that all sorted out in the next few days so that it's back like it was, but in the meantime you can find it at:

forum.digitalcamerareview.com/photos

dr

8. Busybee

Thank you so much, I managed to find the photos..but not the uploading option! I guess I need to wait until the gallery completes its functions.
    by the way, I like the new look..it is a kind of refreshing.

9. David Rasnake

Hmm. There should be a link for "Upload Photos" directly over the search box on the top right-hand side of the main gallery page. Let me know if that's not showing up for you.

dr

10. Busybee

I am sorry,I can't find it :confused:
    Is it me or for everyone else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.