1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Comparable to Kodak EasyShare Z1012

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by kampinggal, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kampinggal

kampinggal New Member

I almost purchased the Z1012, but after reading some reviews, I'm just not sure. Is there another manufacturer that makes something comparable to the Z1012 that has better reviews?

Thanks in advance.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I think the Kodak Z1012 is a fine camera. There are many other better ultrazooms available that are similar to the Z1012 but they are more expensive - from $300 on up. Kodak makes one, as do Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Pentax, and Olympus. Probably the camera that's most similar to the Z1012, with a 12x optical zoom, a large hand grip, an electronic viewfinder and full manual exposure controls, is the Fuj S1500, which can be had for less than $200. The Fuji is a great buy for the price.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

That model was popular in its day, but that was a few years ago. Old enough that it's now hard to find new. If you are shopping new cameras, then also take a look at the Canon SX110 IS, Panasonic TZ4, and Sony H20. But for used cameras, it's impossible to say what you will find. Better that you tell us, then we can try to make comparisons.

Kelly Cook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.