1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Computer does not recognize camera

Discussion in 'Canon' started by KonaKathie, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KonaKathie

KonaKathie New Member

All of a sudden, the computer does not recognize my camera. I have uninstalled all Canon utilities, but can not find my cd's. I also can't find where to download ZoomBrowser EX on the internet! (I've looked all over Canon's site, yes.) I'm not that computer-savvy. :confused: Can anyone help?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Which Canon camera do you have?

3. KonaKathie

KonaKathie New Member

It's a Canon A590 IS...

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

You can download the Zoombrowser EX software from Canon's website. Select your operating system and download the appropriate version of Zoombrowser.

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : PowerShot A590 IS

Although the selections say "Zoombrowser xxxx updater" it doesn't require an original version of Zoombrowser - the whole program will be downloaded.

5. Sorin

Sorin New Member

I guess that I have the same problem: my Canon PowerShot A590IS is not recognized by either Zoom Browser or EOS utility. I uninstalled all Canon utilities, installed the latest version of Zoom Browser (ver. 6.6.ob got from Canon website), but no success.
    The camera is recognized by Windows (my OS is Windows XP), but not by Zoom Browser.
    Is any trick that I should know?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  6. Luigler

Luigler New Member

Same problem here, have the sd800 i plug in the camera and nothing happens. I downloaded the latest zoom browser software ver 6.6 but still nothing happening. Can some1 please help ???

7. gladiator

gladiator New Member

I have downloaded the latest zoombrowser Ex for windows 7 (64) and it still doesn't recognize my camera. Any suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.