1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Confused whether to buy Nikon D3200 SLR or not?

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by palka, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palka

palka New Member

hi all,
    I am planning to buy a new camera for more picture clarity. I already have canon powershot A640 since last 2 years but its picture quality is not great in low light. basically i want to capture the memories in camera when we go out on vacation. I also want great pictures in dim light and night also.
    I have shortlisted Nikon D3200 SLR. It has 24.2 MP Camera, 3 inches, 921k dots, LCD display, 1080p HD Video Recording and F3.5 - F5.6 Lens. Its in my budget also around 25,000/- @ http://www.price-hunt.com/cameras/nikon-d-3200-slr.php .. Any other suggestionssss would be highly appreciated.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The website you're looking at has prices for the Nikon D3200 body only. If you add a lens it brings the price to at least 30,0000. Looking at Flipkart, the major camera reseller in India, I see several good possibilities if you want to stay at 25,000. You could consider the Nikon D3100 and the Canon EOS 1100D which include a lens. These are good DSLR's, though not at the same level as the D3200 (but much cheaper). You could also afford some very good non-DSLR's such as the Panasonic LX5, the Nikon P7700, the Nikon 1J1, the Olympus XZ-10, the Panasonic GF3. These are small cameras with large sensors that have very good low light ability (not DSLR quality but close). Of these 5 non-DSLR's, two of them, the Nikon 1J1 and Panasonic GF3, are mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The other three are advanced point and shoots.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.