Couple of Pics using new V1233 (macro)

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by alann, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alann

alann Member

I am brand new to this hobby. Had the camera for just a few days. Tried some macro and thought some of you may be wondering about the quality of pics from this camera. Be gental....I'm new :eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  2. alann

alann Member

Had to downsize it. looked much better when at full size (4000x3000)

3. Andrew

Andrew Administrator Super Moderator

Man, I hate spiders, other than that nice job!

4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

5. wildo

wildo New Member

alann- can you comment on the shutter lag of this camera? Do you experience a "noticable" lag when trying to take a shot, or is it fairly quick?

I am also very curious about the HD Video. Have you experimented with this yet? How good does it look?

6. alann

alann Member

Shutter lag is not bad. I went to the web site and downloaded the new firm ware. I took one short video but never put it up on my Plasma. It did look great in the 2.5 inch screen though :) Back to shutter speed....I am able to take several pics of spiders, grasshoppers etc before they run or fly away. I bought this camera to record our camping trips and to take pics of insects and bugs. Seems to do both very well. The 199.99 price including a 2gig HD SD card from costco on line is a great deal as far as I am concerned. Hope this is of some help to you.

7. wildo

wildo New Member

Thanks for the comments- That is what I wanted to know...

Also, I found this on the Kodac website:
    Click to capture < 0.4 sec.
    Shot to shot < 1.3 sec.

...seems pretty good. I think I am 98.3% sure that I am getting this camera. Thanks again for the comments.

8. alann

alann Member

Bad news. The camera started giving lots of "unknown file format" messages and locked up often. Had to remove battery to get it to work again. Took it back and bought a Cannon SD 750. Hope I have better luck.

9. digiflow

digiflow Member

so , why did you pick another camera ?

were there things about the kodak you didnt like , that made you want to try the Cannon?

Can you tell us more about the images you took with thr V1233.... and about the video ???
    Specifically the Sound function with t he video ?

any comparison to the canon now ?

that kodak v1233 , with 12 mp , at 200 bucks sounds like a good deal for a compact p & s camera, i am curious to how good it may be

10. Piz

Piz Member

Nice Pic! I just came back from the Florida Keys with my V1253 (same as V1233, just bigger screen). The pictures it took are priceless! I have never seen a Cam take such good pictures of the Sunset (or any scene for that matter), simply beautiful, far better then my fiances Cam. Funny thing is I mainly took Video footage in HD, and all video's Cam out crystal clear at 30 FPS. I love this Cam, can't wait for the V1273 in a month with it's dual IS and Touch Screen, really looking forward to it on day one of it's release! I had this guy soo jellous of me with his Canon SX100 IS, and after playing with my V1253 for a couple min, wished he bought mine instead. Can't say enough about this Cam, almost perfect For the price, honestly, I would have $400 for it! I love it that much.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.