Creating a custom ICC Profile for your Epson Printer

Discussion in 'Photo Printers' started by LAFASHIONPHOTOGRAPHER, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAFASHIONPHOTOGRAPHER

LAFASHIONPHOTOGRAPHER New Member

I highly recommend that anyone who has an Epson printer should try making their own custom Icc profiles to calibrate their printers. I have experimented with this on both an Epson R1800 and also Epson 2200 and can say that custom profiles are significantly better than the ones provided by the manufacturer. To purchase your own ICC profiling machine and software can be quite expensive however there are many people that offer this service online.
    Most recently I purchased this service from a guy I found on ebay. He emailed a page to print out and I then sent that page back to him via FEDEX for him to measure with a type of color densitometer. He then used calibrating software to generate my custom profile which was emailed back to me within a week. All for only $10. And now I am seeing perfectly neutral black and white prints with no color shifts out of my Epson R 1800 thanks to the custom paper profile.
    Not only is the color matched in my prints to my calibrated monitor but also the prints have much more tonal range too. I was just so please with the whole experience I felt like I had to share.
    Best Regards & Happy Holidays from : Warren Lee Studio

2. schkloa

schkloa New Member

Thanks for sharing... But who is this guy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.