d60 or xsi

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by kaptain howdie, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaptain howdie

kaptain howdie Member

ok, i`m looking for an entry level dslr. i`ve kinda narrowed it down to these two: d60 or the xsi. from the reasearch i`ve done the canon has a few more features than the d60 but the nikon comes with an extra lens (55-200mm). i`m leaning towards the nikon but the reviews for it have been mediocre at best.

since both are the same price, the extra lens would be nice but i`m not sure what route to take.

thanks in advance............

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

3. kaptain howdie

kaptain howdie Member

having physically held both camera`s i perfer the feel of the nikon. the lens on the canon feels/looks cheap. although the canon is said to take better quality pictures its a couple hun more than the nikon. if i`m to spend the extra money for the xsi, for a few bucks more i could move into a d80 which i really like the way it felt in hand.

but the price of the d80 seems to be frozen for a camera that is a couple years old. have to do some more research.

4. Andy Stanton

Have you considered the Pentax K2000 or K200d? They are excellent DSLR's and the K200d is weatherproof. There's also the Sony A300 (live view and tilting LCD) and Olympus E520 within your price range.

5. kaptain howdie

kaptain howdie Member

well i took a big leap and moved into a d90 with the 18-200 vr lens. buyers remorse: yes, but i can`t wait to start shooting!!

6. Andy Stanton

Congrats. You bought an excellent camera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.