DAF lens compatiblity wth older SF series 35mm camera bodies

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by Stevbike, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevbike

Stevbike Member

Hello all

I have a question.

I was playing with my Pentax K-m. Noting the 18mm to 55mm settings, I was wondering if it is possible to mount this new lens on to my older SF-10 body and have the camera work in programed mode and shutter priority mode. The reason being that the lens gives me a "cheap" very wide angle lens that gets a close view to the borrowed SMC 15mm M-series lens I had to play with when I was doing a article for Pentax Canada called "The Pentax Prism". It was published in the spring of 1984. I shot the pictures for it in the summer of 1983. I really liked that lens and although very few pictures where taken with it, I remember the wide field of view and if this lens works on the older 35mm camera body, I can have this view that is mine, bought and payed for!

Any thoughts on this subject?:rolleyes:

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

3. Stevbike

Stevbike Member

I looked up this site just after posting this.

http://www.robertstech.com/compat.htm

It looks like this new Pentax lens/ old film camera will work. I just need a new 6 volt battery for the SF10 to get it up and running again. I will post some pictures of some stuff after I get a picture CD done at the time I drop off the film. If it works, it gives some options to a pentax user to get a wider angle lens at a bargin price if the owner of a older Pentax film camera has bought or is going to buy a new D-slr camera. I found when looking through the lens that there is a bit light drop-off at the edges of the frame, due the fact that this lens combo was not really designed to work together but given that it should be fun to experiment and see what comes out anyways.

4. Stevbike

Stevbike Member

Tonight I bought a battery for the SF-10. I placed the 18mm to 55mm lens on camera. It works! Other some darkening of the corners at the 18mm setting, I get a great view. On the posting, I noted saying it was DAF series lens. I just bought the K-m and just looked at the lens name quickly. I noted it is in fact a SMC-DAL series lens. For any one noting this problem, I have corrected my self here. I will post some pictures of what this new lens/ old camera combo looks like.

On another note, I did a little fix on my old ME-Super. The shutter jammed and the mirror was locked up. A simple fix solved this problem. The camera now joins the ranks of my old but still fun to use film camera fleet.

5. aduhot1

aduhot1 New Member

Thanks! Bumping....
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.