Date/Time Stamp for Powershot

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Cooper30, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper30

Cooper30 New Member

Has anyone been successful in adding the Date/Time stamp to your digital immage on the Cannnon Powershot series? I was only able to add one on a postcard size immage.

2. E.B.E.

E.B.E. Well-Known Member

I have never tried. Is it really useful to do it? You can do that at print time from most photo printing utilities. The date and time stamp is stored digitally in the EXIF data.

3. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

It's actually not a very popular feature to have anymore. I can't remember for sure if the Canons still do it, but most current cameras don't even have the capability at all anymore. If you print directly from the camera, it typically is an option, but again, I'm not that familiar with the process.

4. Happybooker

Happybooker New Member

It may not be a popular feature, but my employer requires it on photos we take for the company. I guess he does not trust the purchase receipt and the photo to be the same date. Paranoia....affects us all. :rolleyes:

5. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Canon digital cameras will let you print out the date and time on the photo when the camera is in "postcard" mode (1600 x 1200)

6. denncald

denncald Well-Known Member

My Canon G11 will allow me to embed the Date or Date & Time in the lower right corner of JPEG images, but not in RAW images. I could also use the Printing options to insert the Date or Date & Time, but doing both might double print the embedded and printed date information, per the owner's manual. I do not have to be in the Wide (postcard) image configuration.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.