Digimax i5 video problem...

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by koryo, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koryo

koryo New Member

Hi, I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what is going on with my camera. I've had this camera since Christmas and haven't had any problems with it. But just today when I was in video mode, the screen went blurry and when I took a video, it took it blurry. When I went to play though, I could cycle through old videos that were perfectly clear. It was just at this point in time. Back to recording mode and it was still blurry. But if I either turned it off and back on again or switched to camera mode and back to video mode, it cleared up. This has got me a bit concerned since I use my camera for everything. Can anyone clue me in as to what might be going on here?
    Thanks.

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

My first guess is that the auto focus system is not locking on the right focus during movie capture.

3. koryo

koryo New Member

I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the autofocus. Do you suppose it is just a quirky thing or is it something I should worry about?

4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

In movie mode on some cameras, you can set the autofocus to "single" or "continuous". Single AF means that the camera locks focus when you start the movie and doesn't change. Continuous means that the camera continuously focuses during movie capture. I can't remember if the i5 has these options, but if it does, then one mode or the other may not be working correctly. If it's under warranty, then I would definitely consider getting it looked at. If the warranty has expired, then I would just deal with it.

5. koryo

koryo New Member

Since you said I can just deal with it, I am assuming this is not something that is going to get worse then? Just a quirk that I can work around?

6. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Well, it's really hard to say if it will get worse since I don't really know what's causing it. If you can't replace/repair the camera for free, working around the "quirk" is what I would do.

7. koryo

koryo New Member

Ok, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.