Digimax S700... don't laugh

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by ksb947, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksb947

ksb947 New Member

I apologize if this question has been asked in other post.

I have a Samsung Digimax S700.
    Don't laugh it's an awesome camera..Love(ed) this camera.

My question is.. when I get pictures developed, the photos have a small burn? hole in the same spot. It looks like you took a hot needle and poked it and it started to burn. Is that the end of my love for it? I'm guessing it's age/use has burned out the little digi things in there.?.

Any suggestions of a good side by side camera to replace it? I purchased another Samsung...SL620 and hate it. And the new one is suppose to be better.

KB

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sounds like your sensor is damaged. I agree it's probably time for a new camera. If you're sold on Samsung cameras the company makes several inexpensive but high quality cameras. The PL210 is a nice high zoom camera and the MV800 has a neat flip-up LCD screen.

However, since you hate your SL620, which is a decent small camera, perhaps it's time to switch to another brand. What don't you like about the SL620?

3. ksb947

ksb947 New Member

To me, it doesn't seem to take as good pictures as the 700. Plus it seems wimpy.

I got a Canon Powershot SX150 IS this past weekend. It had good reviews and seemed to be a popular camera. It's big and rugged feeling(which I like) and was around the price range I was looking.

I think I'll be pleased with it once I get use to it and play with some of the functions.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Congrats on your SX150. Be sure to get some powerful, long lasting rechargeable AA batteries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.