Digital camera connect

Discussion in 'Sony' started by charliesimith, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliesimith

charliesimith Member

I have a I have a Finepix S5800 Digital Camera, which connects without complaint to my desktop PC in the office (Win2k) my mother-in-law's laptop (Win XP home) and my home computer (Mac OS 10.2.8)

However, I'm sitting in front of my old work laptop (also Win2k, but almost certainly not with any of the latest patches/service packs, etc) and the camera will not connect properly.

Well, I say won't connect properly ... what's actually happening is, the camera plugs in (USB), the computer detects new hardware, and a 'USB Mass Storage Device on drive F:' becomes visible in the Unplug or Eject Hardware icon next to the clock in the taskbar. However My Computer will not display any Drive F: icon. I can successfully transfer files from F:\ to a folder on my hdd partition D:\ from the command line but this is a pain! This same laptop used to be used to take photos from a Sony Cybershot, and was never a problem.

The System Propertes Hardware Tab Hardware Wizard sees no problems with the camera. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the camera to no avail.

What's happening?!!?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  2. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

It sounds like the computer is just not mounting the drive location for you. Open up your Explorer(My Computer) and type in F:\ in the address bar. That should allow you to see your files. Win2K certainly has a way to manually mount the drive with a letter, but I would refer you to Google for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.