Dimage X1 Battery Charging

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta' started by Ringmaster, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringmaster

    Ringmaster New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I can find all kinds of specifications for the Lithium-Ion NP-1 battery; however, I can't find out when you should charge the battery.

    I know the battery should be removed from the "Cradle" when the light goes out; but, when should I start charging the battery.

    1. After each use?

    2. Before each use?

    3. Does it matter how many times I charge the battery?

    4. Does it matter if the battery is slightly discharged, and I decide to bring it up to a full charge before each use?
     
  2. Tinderbox (UK)

    Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    394
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Hi.

    1 : Up to You, If you need it for a quick job.

    2 : Li-ion battery`s prefer frequent charges.

    3 : Try not to run the battery flat before you charge it as Li-ion battery`s don't like deep discharges.

    4 : Same as question 2

    If you are not using the camera for a long time remove the battery and keep it in a cool place, the fridge is the ideal place but keep it dry. do not put it in the freezer!

    Li-ion`s battery`s biggest enemy is Heat , keep them cool.

    more information click here

    Regards

    John.


     
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. Ringmaster

    Ringmaster New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Tinderbox,

    Thank you:)

    I have added the site you suggested to "My Favorites". When I finish my current project, I plan to find out everything there is to know about batteries.

    I just threw my Ni-Cad drill and all of it's attachments in the trash, and purchased an "Electric-Drill"; but I can't do that with my cameras. I'm glad you enlightened me on the Lithium Ion facts. I thought I had ruined my battery in my "Diamage" camera, because I left it on the charger too long; now it looks as if I allowed it to discharge to low, before recharging it.

    Thanks Again,
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page