Dirt inside zoom lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Myron, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

I have bought 5 different Lumix point and shoot cameras from Panasonic. Each worked great until I noticed dirt, usually small hairs or spots appearing on my photos. Despite all precautions, after about half year of use, dirt has ruined each camera. I don't have the skills to open the camera to remove the small hairs/dust and repairs would cost as much as a new camera. Does this problem appear in other brands or just in Panasonic? I have used both Canon & Casio cameras in the past, also small point and shoot, and never had this problem. Should I use a different brand?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I've never had that problem with my Panasonic or any of the cameras I've owned. What you're seeing in your photos may not be dirt. Often you'll see light reflecting off dust motes, which looks like dirt but isn't.

Is it possible you have dirt on your lenses? Try cleaning them with a damp washcloth.

3. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

Tried to wipe lens but to no avail. The dust/lint must be inside the several zoom lenses or on the sensor itself. A shame since the camera takes such nice pictures. This is my 4th Lumix that got spots on the photos despite my trying to keep it clean. When collapsing the zoom, I guess dirt gets pulled into the lens. Never had these problems with my Canon cameras.

4. drues1986

drues1986 Member

under any circumstances try to remove dust from inside lenses yourself. Disassembling your lens will not only void the warranty