1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Disappointed with PowershotSX230

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Taltul, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Taltul

Taltul New Member

I've always been a Canon photographer (30 years) but I am very disappointed with the SX230. I bought the camera a year and a half ago and no matter what I try (changing settings, modes etc...), the photos do not come out sharp and the colors are flat. Surprisingly the videos are top quality - bright and sharp. I really don't understand. My previous digital camera which I bought in 2006 was also a point and shoot (don't remember the model) and I only got high quality sharp photos and prints - even when I made enlargements. People were always surprised that I only used a p and s camera
    I read up about the different cameras before I bought this one and the camera got good reviews. Maybe my settings are off? Can anyone give me advice? If it's a lost cause and I bought a lemon, what p and s camera would you recommend (before I look to other companies)?
    Thanks

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

You can adjust the SX230 to increase sharpness and saturation, as well as other factors. Have you tried that?

3. canonfanatic14

canonfanatic14 Member

I agree.....