DMC-TS1 has hot spot

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by xkexk8, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xkexk8

xkexk8 New Member

Hi all -

I recently purchased the DMC-TS1 because it was waterproof. However, I'm getting a hot spot (not sure if that's the right term) when I do a landscape with a partial sky - see attached. Any ideas on how to make this go away on future shots?

Attached Files:

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Is the same upper right area overexposed in every picture you take? If so it's probably an issue with the sensor and should be fixed by Panasonic under your warrantly.

3. xkexk8

xkexk8 New Member

No, it moves around and is always associated with a small patch of sky. I'm starting to think the lens may have been wet (it was raining during trip, so it probably was wet) and this caused the overexposure. I'll try to experiment some with it.

4. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

Strange because I have a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 which takes great photos but whenever my photo shows a blue sky, I get a small annoying translucent circular spot in the upper-left corner which is ruining my photos. It's probably in all my photos but is more apparent with a blue sky. It is always on wide-angle shots. As soon as I go into zoom, the spot disappears. It must be a lens problem but it's impossible to get the lens off. I have even tried putting the camera under a hot air dryer hoping the water inside might evaporate, but it doesn't. The camera is out of warranty so repairs would cost more than a new camera. Any idea how to get the suspected water droplet to evaporate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.