Do you take the purist approach or software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by digitalsyn, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitalsyn

digitalsyn Member

Just curious to know what other people have decided to do with their shooting. I've met quite a few people who are absolutely against using software to change anything with their photos.

So the question is, what approach are you and why? Could help give some other people something to think about.

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

I'm a quickie/sloppy shooter. So I certainly do tune up my images later with editors. No knock against your purists, I've done that as well, with 4x5 viewcameras.

Kelly Cook

3. digitalsyn

digitalsyn Member

Do you use anything other that photoshop?

4. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

I'm too cheap for PS. Use Adobe Elements instead. Also have fun playing with the freebie downloads like Faststone and Zoner Photo Studio.

Kelly

5. digitalsyn

digitalsyn Member

I'm a big PS user only because I've found that it works for me. I know other people who use inkscape or paint.net but I haven't found a lot of tutorials for those. Trouble is, learning a camera is one thing and learning the software is another.

6. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Elements and the freebie editors I use lack the plugins for PS. So I'm likely putting more effort into Elements than would be needed for PS + plugins. Eventually I may get PS, just not a priority right now.

Kelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.