Does anybody else have the Kodak z990 yet?

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by firebugmichelle, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firebugmichelle

firebugmichelle New Member

I was just wondering if anybody else has the Kodak EasyShare Max z990 yet. And if so, what do you think of it? How long have you had it and what kind of results are you getting?

I have had mine for 10 days now and still cannot make up my mind if I want to keep it or return it. ... I mean, it does take excellent low-light pictures as advertised. But it also makes some of my late evening shots look like they were taken at an earlier time of day. And I am having a really hard time getting good shots of vividly colored flowers in bright light! A lot of the time they will come out looking way too light / washed out and I cannot tell where one pedal ends and the other begins.

But when I get a good picture, it is really good. I absolutely love its ability to pick up reflections in the water.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And some of the new features (like photobooth setting) are so FUN!

Opinions?

______
    Michelle
    My Kodak EasyShare Max z990 | East Texas Design

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I haven't found any indication that it's been released yet. Best Buy, Amazon and other retailers indicate that it's not yet available for purchase. Where did you get it?

3. firebugmichelle

I pre-ordered from Kodak.com in February. ... I am surprised nobody else has it available yet. But I guess that would explain why I am having a hard time finding other people's opinions on it.

___
    Michelle

4. mtclimber

mtclimber Well-Known Member

Michelle-

The only Z990 cameras received thus far seem to have be from KODAK Digital Cameras, Printers, Digital Video Cameras & more filling the pre-orders. And I might add that all of the pre-orders have not yet been fulfilled as I have not yet received mine.

Clearly, the Z990 appears to be a very able, but a somewhat demanding camera. I would expect that making use of Exposure Compensation will become more important due to the new imager and features of the Z990.

How long have you had your, Z990, Michelle? Your posted photos look good. Perhaps with a bit more use, the Z990 will become more comfortable in your capable hands.

Sarah Joyce

5. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I agree your pictures look very good. I actually like the colors better than the previous versions of the camera - not as intense but, I think, more realistic.

6. firebugmichelle

Thank you for the votes of confidence Sarah :) You are right. I am slowly getting more comfortable with this camera.

I have had it since April 11 2011, (Monday last week) so it has only been 11 days. It seems like for every weakness I find, I see another strength to balance it out.

I hope you get your camera soon. Please come back and let me know what you think once you have taken it out for a test drive!

Andy - for "natural" color, you have to reset it every time you turn the camera on or turn the dial away from "auto". It would be nice if they let you set natural as the new default. I think the world around me is pretty enough without color enhancements. ... Thanks for the compliment about my pictures!

___
    Michelle

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  7. lanceh5

lanceh5 New Member

My came today and took a few picture but the batteries were not fully charged, so charging the batteries with the included charger that plugs into an outlet. I am not sure if it can be charged via the USB cable. For charging Kodak cameras , the best way is a camera dock.

It is a large camera with a big lens. The 30x zoom is impressive. Looking forward to take lots of pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.