Don't Be Afraid; They Won't Bite: Aaaah, the A Mode and the Perfect Picture

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Jim Keenan, Aug 14, 2006.

1. BobbyNiel

BobbyNiel Member

:) I feel you article helps in a great way to improve your picture-taking. Your primary objective to help people like me(beginner with digital photography) to take better photographs is filled with your writing. Keeping your article in forum is a great way to connect people who need photography goods and services with their providers. Thanks for the info.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  2. Bogart

Bogart Member

Some digital cameras have a long list of preset modes like sport, baby, night shot, etc (more than 20). Are these a good substitute for Apperture/Shutter priority modes?

3. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I personally don't think those are a substitute for Aperture and Shutter priority. If you aren't proficient with Aperture and Shutter mode these can be good to use, but you will be better if you learn to use Aperture and Shutter priority modes.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

As I've gotten more familiar with my camera, I've tended to use aperture priority in most of my indoor shots and shutter priority in my action shots. They work really well and, at this point, I can't see buying a camera without them.

5. Azorian_Pride

Azorian_Pride Member

Thanks for you're tutorials

6. qalves

qalves New Member

Hi, Can you explain what are the best settings for indoor sports photos, because I'm getting dark images or blurred. Thank's

7. Andy Stanton

Your camera may not have the capability to take good indoor action photos. It's among the most challenging situation to shoot under, and usually requires a DSLR to get well-exposed, sharp photos.

8. qalves

qalves New Member

Thank's. My camera i'ts a Sony H50B. It's pretty good in all aspects. I think I'll trie Aperture priority to see if it works better.

9. Andy Stanton

If that doesn't work, try putting your camera on full manual, set the aperture to the maximum width (F2.7), set the ISO to 800 and set the shutter speed to 1/200. If you still get blur, increase your shutter speed. If the picture gets too dark, increase your ISO to 1600 (the picture will be noisy but it's better than a picture that's too dark or too blurry).

10. qalves

qalves New Member

Thank's Great Help.