Easyshare DX 4330

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by RonW, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonW

RonW New Member

My old 4330 suddenly stopped working. Thinking it was just dead batteries I placed it on the dock overnight. It still did not come on. I installed new batteries, to no avail. When turning it on, there is nothing, no light, no lens movement, nothing. Can anyone offer any advice? I would like to save the camera, but even more so I would like to retrieve the vacation pictures that are in the internal memory. No card. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sorry to say but since new batteries don't work the most likely cause is a short somewhere in the electrical system. Basically the camera is toast. You did get 8 good years out of it, which is all you can reasonably expect from a relatively inexpensive point and shoot. Too bad about your photos, though. There may be a way to retrieve them but I'm not aware of one.

3. RonW

RonW New Member

Thanks Andy. That is not an answer I was hoping for but probably was expecting,lol. The pictures are way more important than the camera, but like you, I am afraid they are gone. I am going to check a few local shops and see if they have any ideas. Thanks a lot for your response. Ron

4. meraguy

meraguy New Member

electronic short, definitely,
    I have similar issue in my DX 4330

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.