EX P600 wont start up

Discussion in 'Casio' started by customhead, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. customhead

customhead New Member

Completely new battery fitted but not a wimper, not even a beep.
    Any suggestions before I open it up just for fun? :)

cheers

Sean

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Is this a legitimate battery or a knock-off purchased on Ebay? If the latter, I'd be concerned whether the battery is faulty.
    If you're sure the battery is good, you might want to check carefully whether the battery is properly inserted. If so, your camera might have a problem. Did you notice any camera problems when you had the old battery?

3. customhead

customhead New Member

The camera had some glitches turning on for a while then finally wouldnt respond to the on/off button at all. I assumed as the camera was a few years old and the battery was original that it was the battery.
    The battery bought to replace it is a knock-off but the problems started when I was using the orig.

Sean

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

If you really like your EX P600 you could invest in a new Casio battery. The Casio NP-40 battery, which is supposed to be excellent, is sold by Amazon for $35. http://www.amazon.com/Casio-NP-40-Battery-EXILIM-Cameras/dp/B00020KPB2 Of course the problem is if the camera still doesn't work you're out $35.

An alternative is to purchase a new camera. If you choose to go that route and would like some advice, feel free to check back with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.