EX-S8 Vertical Lines on Pictures

Discussion in 'Casio' started by Skip97, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skip97

Skip97 New Member

My Casio EX-S8 is showing fine vertical red and blue vertical lines both on the lcd viewfinder as well as the saved picture. These lines dont seem to appear on photos taken indoors. On outdoor shots the first photos after camera turn on are OK but then after a few minutes the lines appear. They most often seem to appear after using the telephoto zoom and after auto focusing prior to snapping the photo. They do not appear on the lcd prior to using auto focus. I have tried using different Best Shot selections as well as doing a total camera reset to factory defaults but neither helps. When I cycle off the camera and restart the lines disappear for a few minutes then reappear again. The battery is fully charged and the camera hasn't been dropped or otherwise abused. These lines will also appear on the video mode. I have read that the image sensors can produce lines when exposed to brighter light (as in outdoor shots) but it always says these won't appear on the picture itself like is happening here.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I've experienced bright lines on the LCD in certain lighting conditions in many of the cameras I've used, but the lines do not appear on the picture itself. The fact that your pictures are affected by this sounds like a serious problem with the camera's sensor or processor. Sorry to say that you may have to consider buying a new camera, as the cost to repair would be more than the camera is worth.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.