Exilim EX-F1 HD video quality

Discussion in 'Casio' started by ManiacMx, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManiacMx

ManiacMx New Member

Dear forum,

I recently filmed a high definition short film with the Casio Exilim EX-F1. I used the 720p setting because I didn't want to go through deinterlacing the 1080i image the EX-F1 produces at full HD resolution.

I am wondering what others have experienced with HD video quality and low light image reproduction with this camera. I found myself having to use a LOT of light to get the final video to look good. The preview on the Casio's LCD would look great but when imported onto the computer it would be much darker.

You can look at the video here and see what I was able to do:

Fire Bad - The Story Beyond The Still on Vimeo

This is for a video contest that is dominated by Canon DSLR cameras and I am trying to show the community that the Casio EX-F1 can hold its own with HD video.

Thanks!
    Matt

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Nicely done!!

The EX-F1 gave you good results but you obviously have the artistic talent to be able to fully use the capabilities of your camera.

3. davidmorgen19

davidmorgen19 New Member

First of all casio Exilim EX-F1 HD video so video quality obviously good. General digital video cameras shoot at a frame rate of ~30 frames/second (fps), which means that they essentially are taking 30 still photographs per second, but Exilim can shoot high-speed video at 300, 600, or 1200 frames/second. As you increase filming speed, however, you get a loss of resolution as follow: 512 x 384 (300 fps), 432 x 192 (600 fps), 336 x 96 (1200 fps). That being said, the 512 x 384 resolution is more than suitable purposes, both personal and academic. The EX-F1 also has a variable 30-300 fps mode that allows you to toggle the movie recording speed between 30 fps and 300 fps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.