f100fd's Natural Light and Party mode

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by anthonymak, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonymak

anthonymak New Member

There are two modes in the f100fd which I can't tell how they differ? And, when should I use one over the other? To me it seems they are both used for indoor/low light condition.

Can anyone tell me what are their differences and in what circumstances should I use one over the other?

Anthony

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

In natural light mode, the camera will turn off the flash but will bump up the ISO to make the picture brighter. In party mode the camera will turn on the flash and turn on the red-eye reduction feature. The F100fd also has a natural light and flash mode where it takes two consecutive shots, one with natural light and one with flash, so you can compare the two and use the best one.

Natural light mode is best to use in dim light where you can't use a flash (in a church, museum or concert or where the subject is too far away for the flash to have an effect). Party mode is fine when people don't mind the flash going off in their faces.

3. anthonymak

anthonymak New Member

Thanks Andy. You hv answered my question.

4. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Andy nailed it. On my F45fd neither mode gives you control over white balance. That is something I like to be able to adjust in low light (without flash), so I'm more likely to use the so-called Manual mode than Natural. But the 2-shot Natural & Flash is really cool when you want to hedge your bets. Don't know why other brands don't copy that feature. Also note that the flash for the Party scene will usually be full force. With my F45fd when I want a flash fill effect (instead of full blast) with slow sync I have to switch to the Manual mode or Portrait scene for that.

Kelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.