Fe-280 Movie Mode

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by posca, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. posca

posca New Member

Hey Guys,

I have a small question in regards to the fe-280. I'm trying to record at the highest quality in movie mode, (640 * 480). I have a 2 gig memory card which says i have about half an hour of recording, when in standby mode. When i press record, the clips only record for 10 seconds!

Is there a limit of 10 second movie clips on the highest resolution? It does the same for the middle resolution, although it's about 20 minutes I think.

Any ideas? I'd really like to record as long as I want at that resolution, to the memory cards capacity.

Thanks in advance

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

According to Olympus, the FE-280 limits recording with or without sound in SHQ mode to 10 seconds regardless of memory capacity. No idea why.

In HQ (middle resolution), you should be able to record up to 29 minutes if memory is available.

dr

3. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Hi.

according to Olympus the sensor get very hot when recording video, that why they limit 640x480 to 10 secs only.

I have a Kodak camera that can do HD quality video and it has no problem with overheating, seems strange that Olympus cannot do the same.

regards

John.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.