firmware corrupt ?

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by flashman, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flashman

flashman Member

Hi guys - Im new to the forums, so please be gentle with me...seems that kodak wanted me to send my camera to the for reflashing as a considearble cost so heres my problem/.......

I have a kodak easyshare Z1285...it has a little blue light at the top and thats it...i cant do anything else.....sometimes when i take the batteries out and put them back in the lens will come out and the lcd will light up showing the message "your date and time have been reset"........the camera does not respond to any buttons being pressed....seems like the firmware is corrupt.....ive been on the kodak website but cannot download the fimware it just points me to kodak easyshare software suite..can someone please tell me if the firmware can be flashe with the usb cable that it came with ?....or is it time for the bin....?...cheers:p

2. flashman

flashman Member

bump..anyone....before i bin it...:confused:

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Don't dump your camera! :eek: Have patience with us - we're at least 5 hours behind you.

The Kodak website does not have a download link for Z1285 firmware. But I doubt very much that your firmware is corrupt.

First of all did your camera ever work properly? If so the problem is not from the firmware.

The most likely culprits are the batteries or the memory card. What type of batteries are you using? I suggest recharging your NiMH batteries (if that's what you're using) or buying some new ones. If that doesn't work, replace the memory card with a new SD or SDHC card.

4. flashman

flashman Member

hi mate - thanks for the reply...dont think its the batteries, i have brand new rechargable batteries in there, also the card is reformatted, there is nothing on the card...i still get the same problem....lol, i emailed kodak they said i need to send it in for repairs...cost of repair £95...i told them rather buy another camera but not kodak.....im sure it needs flashing but dont know how to do it...

yes the camera was working fine one day and just woudnt work the next...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  5. Andy Stanton

Try cleaning the battery contacts with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip. If that doesn't work you may have to buy a new camera.

6. flashman

flashman Member

will try when im at home, at work at the moment....cheers mate...

7. flashman

flashman Member

tried the above....still same.....

8. Andy Stanton

If it's not a battery issue than it's an internal problem with the camera - perhaps a short circuit. Other than sending it to Kodak for repair, I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.