Flash problem with the Olympus Stylus 710..

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by PackersRule87, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PackersRule87

PackersRule87 New Member

I bought the Olympus stylus 710 back in November of last year and i was pretty satisfied with it. then i started noticing that i couldn't turn down the flash. if theres a solution please help me! every time i took a pic of a group of my friends it just made everyone really bright. the flash options are auto, flash on, no flash and no red eye. theres no soft flash or slow slynch options on this camera. i've been thinking of buying the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100, or the Casio Exilim EX-S770. i've been reading there reviews on it and they sound really good. one thing i think that seperates them both is the sony one is ofcourse more expensive. ofcourse im not an expert on cameras but i've tried figuring out how to turn down the flash on my camera but i just cant figure it out. and in lighted rooms i take out the flash and it just doesn't look right. if anyone can help me with this flash problem that would be great. if not which camera should i buy?? thanx a bunch! :D

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

yeah, some cameras have a flash compensation setting, but I don't think that the Stylus 710 does. You might try to decrease the exposure compensation - that might help. You could also partially cover the flash with finger or with something else to diffuse the light.

The Sony T100 is very popular right now. It's also quite a bit more fully-featured than the Casio S770. The Sony has a 3 inch screen, image stabilization, facial detection, and so on. If you want some more suggestions, start another thread in our Buying Suggestions forum with answers to this questionaire.

3. PackersRule87

PackersRule87 New Member

thanx for the help! im going to try the exposure. and post another thread cuz i need all the help i can get ha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.