Fotodiox question

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by ignatiusjk, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ignatiusjk

ignatiusjk Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a Fotodiox adapter for my Canon EOS T1i.I bought a Sigma 18-35mm lens for my Pentax K5 and wanted to try this lens on my Canon.When I attached the adapter to my Canon I noticed I can't adjust the f stop.It also is very dark looking through the eye piece.Is this normal or am I doing something wrong.The auto focus doesn't work but I kind of expected that.What's up???

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

The auto diaphragm (f-stop) is also not working. Experiment with different apertures on the lens prior to attaching it to the adapter. If the lens does not have an aperture ring, you may have to set the aperture with your Pentax, and leave the lens at that setting on the Canon.

Kelly Cook

3. ignatiusjk

ignatiusjk Well-Known Member

Am I doing something wrong or is this the way these Fotodiox's work.Do you have one of these?? I haven't taken any pictures with it yet so I'm not sure if this is normal.

4. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

I don't have that particular adapter. But any adapter that is low price will be "dumb", not support AF or aperture control. The adapters that do have this connectivity are much pricier.

Kelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.