1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Free : Photo Aspect Ratio Changer 16:9 4:3 Ect

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Tinderbox (UK), Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Err, most editors will crop to specific print formats (sizes). A few of those sizes correspond to the usual aspect ratios. Example 4X6 is the same as 3:2 (mit rotation). But I haven't found a common print size that matches 16:9. So for that I make up a custom print size.

Kelly

3. Tinderbox (UK)

It is a lot easier for inexperienced people including me to use the one i posted.

Also 16:9 is great for widescreen TV.

Each to his own i suppose.

4. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree that having to set up a custom print size just to get the 16:9 ratio is a pain. Fortunately at this point I don't have many HD displays to deal with :D

antique Kelly

5. rowman

rowman Well-Known Member

Hi,

I guess I've missed sth. Do you mean batch cropping (or resizing)? it is available in many softwares. just you mention the size and the software will do it on all the files.

6. Tinderbox (UK)

NO , it`s more cropping a 4:3 to a 16:9 , you need to do it manually, you can drag the 16:9 box around inside the 4:3 image so you loose only the unneeded portions, one photo at a time.

7. rowman

rowman Well-Known Member

Yeah... I see. There is a similar option in Xnview to select the AR of selection. then wherever you select the AR of selection is specified and there are all the variety. after selecting with one click the image is croped and with Ctrl+S the image is saved, and you go forward to the next image without changing any thing.

Maybe you can give it a try.... It can be fun. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.