Fuji Camera

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by gopinb, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gopinb

gopinb New Member

Hi
    I am planning to buy a digital camera. After doing some online surveys I shortlisted
    1. Canon Powershot sx 20IS a
    2. Fuji Finepis HS10 (available in March 2010).
    I found few interesting features in Fuji HS10 like 30x Optical zoom, Panaromic capture, HD movie.

But I am not sure about Fuji's reliability on digital camera's. Many suggested me tha Fuji is not that great in digital cameras.

So I would like to know is it worth going for Fuji Digital camera?
    Thanks to suggest me.

Regards,

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Depends on the price. Cheap Fujis can be, well, cheap. And a lot of stores stock only the cheapest models, so small wonder some folks get a dim impression. My F45fd is holding up nicely, as well as Canon compacts I've owned in the past. My one nit-pick would be the latch for the battery compartment door is too easy to accidently open. Which is not an unusual complaint for compacts. This new HS10 sounds like a premium model, not one of the bargain basement jobs.

Kelly Cook

3. Pwoodall

Pwoodall New Member

Hello..I am the Marketing Manager here for Fujifilm in Canada. Everyone has their own opinion as to who makes great cameras. Really depends on what you want...not sure where you live but...

Fuji has been in the photography business for over 75 years - more than most other brands. It was the first vendor to make and market the digital camera. Fuji has won several awards for its technology including the most recent EXR technology.

Also...DIMA just announced it gave Fuji 3 awards for Innovative Digital Products for HS10, Z700EXR and F80EXR...http://www.pmai.org/content.aspx?id=19422

Not to say we are the only brand that makes good cameras...but you can decide.

Paul

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm looking forward to some more information, including reviews, concerning the new HS10 and F80EXR.

5. spintyer

spintyer Well-Known Member

Go for the Fuji, you won't be sorry. I'm on my 4th Fuji, all still working as good as when I bought them, and the camera your looking at looks like a real winner with the lots of FPS and other items.
    Dave

6. joshep.sheena03

joshep.sheena03 New Member

Fuji camera HS10 which you have choosen is best choice inspite of choosing a canon PowerShot SX20.Canon is also the best brand.Faji offers new features like 30x manual optical zoom lens,HD movie mode with stereo sound,mini HDMI output,Triple Image Stabilization etc.So don't worry go with fuji.

7. felixkh

felixkh New Member

I have owned 3 fujifilm cameras:
    E550 - Still have it
    S6500FD - Sold to a friend
    F200EXR - just bought it

The colours are wonderful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.