Fuji FinePix 4900

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by renagade, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renagade

renagade New Member

I am sorry that my first post is a question but here goes.

My 4900 takes great shots in a room and great movies in day light but when I go to automatic my day light shots are all over exposed.

Does this mean my 4900 is just about to give up the ghost???

My wife bought it for me as a Christmas present 4 years ago and I am kind of atached to the damb thing

Paul

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

You could simply adjust the exposure compensation control when shooting outdoors.

There does seem to be something wrong with the camera but the cost of getting it repaired would probably be so high, it wouldn't be worth it. Especially since there are so many good, reasonably priced point and shoots available today that will produce better looking pictures and do more things than your Fuji 4900.

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

You could simply adjust the exposure compensation control when shooting outdoors.

There probably is something wrong with your 4900, but the cost of repair would be so high, it wouldn't be worth fixing it. Especially since there are plenty of reasonably priced point and shoots around today that can do more things than your 4900 and produce better quality pictures.

4. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

I agree with Andy. Kind of a long shot, but one thing to always try is to replace the battery with a fresh new one. (Not just a new charge on the old batt)

Kelly Cook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.