Fujifilm f50fd vs older models like f20fd, and f30,31fd

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by kathy, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathy

kathy Member

Hi,
    I have heard people discuss how the newer fd's show noise sooner than the older models........does anyone have any advice they can give me? I have the opportunity to purchase an f20, but really wanted a slimmer camera. Do you think that Fuji will come out with a camera in the near future that will be as great as all the f31fd owners say they are? Should I get a used 31 or 20, or wait on a newer model? Any advice or experience would be appreciated!

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

It's pretty unlikely that Fujifilm will release a new camera that keeps the megapixel count even with or even less than current models, so I don't see noise performance getting better. However, the new models are still better at noise performance than other compact digital cameras.

3. kathy

kathy Member

But if I'm not toooooo concerned about size, is it worth buying a used older model, or waiting for fuji or someone else to do better?

4. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

In spite of the addition of image stabilization, I personally prefer shots from the F40 over those from the F50. If you could find an F31, that would probably be a decent investment given that (as a 6 megapixel camera) it seems somewhat outdated and may be available for cheap (of course, 6 megapixels is plenty for what most of us do most of the time). But given how fanatical F31 owners as a group are, you may have trouble even finding one for sale.

dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.