FujiFilm Finepix problems

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by mommyfor4, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mommyfor4

mommyfor4 New Member

I bought a FujiFilm Finepix s1000fd Feburary 20th, 2009. It was a great camera for me in my price range, or so I thought.

On March 24th, 2009, I was at a photo shoot when it quit working. I tried replacing the batteries 3 different times, cleaned out the connectors, and still got nothing. Since I had only had the camera for one month, I was still covered under my warranty, so I sent it into Fuji Camera Repairs.

Today I called and asked what the diagnosis was on my camera. The reason it will not turn on is because when it quit working, the lens did not retract all the way therefore preventing the camera from turning on. This is covered under warranty.

BUT I was then told that they would not touch my camera until I paid 80 dollars right then to fix the USB port. They will not tell me what exactly is wrong with the USB port and it did not matter to me since I do not use the USB port and never have. But it is not covered under warranty so I have to pay for it. So I request that they just fix the major problem and send me back my camera. They refused. They insisited I pay the 80 dollars, or they would refurbish my camera after 6 weeks and resell it. And they will not refund my 207 dollars that I paid for it.

I am infuriated with Fuji for this problem. I feel that they should either send me a refurbished camera as a replacement, refund my money or FIX my camera!

My advice, DO NOT buy a Fuji camera.

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Based on what you've said, it sound to me that Fuji is not legally entitled to keep your camera. Perhaps you encountered some ignorant low-level functionary. I suggest writing Fuji a detailed letter and send it to the President of Fuji's US operations. His name is Ryutaro Hosoda. Fuji's U.S. headquarters is at 200 Summit Lake Drive, Valhalla, NY 10595. Their phone number is 800-755-3854. In my experience, if you have a consumer problem and are treated unfairly, it pays to contact the top official you can find. The company will usually do the right thing once the top officials are involved.

4. mommyfor4

mommyfor4 New Member

yes this is in the USA. Its located in Edison New Jersey

Thank you for that info! I fully intend to contact him and let him know what is going on.

5. spintyer

spintyer Well-Known Member

Let us know how you make out, if you can't get a solution to your problem, then I will personally help you, if I can't get you satisfaction anyway else, then I will do what I can to get a new camera for you, as long as what your saying is correct and nothing is being left out. I hate when these repair centers do this to their customers, and I love going after them, as long as I have all the information I need.

And please let us know how things are progressing.

spintyer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.