Fujifilm FinePix S700

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by thecatspyjamas, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecatspyjamas

thecatspyjamas New Member

Is anyone familiar with this camera? I got it today and have been working with it all night. It seems like it takes several seconds to actually take a photo. I like to photograph my cats and by the time the photo takes, they are walking away. I wondered if there is a setting I can change to fix this? I have a FinePix 2300 that I love, I just needed more megapixels and a zoom or I would not have even gotten a new one. I wonder if I need to exchange for another brand or model. Hopefully its a simple fix!

Thanks,

Denise

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Make sure that you do a partial press of the shutter button first to get a focus lock. Hold it there until you're ready for the shot. Once you fully depress the button, the shutter lag will by much less.

I've only played with the S700 at trade shows - haven't reviewed it yet though. Nor have I seen any other sites with a review yet.

3. thecatspyjamas

thecatspyjamas New Member

I do that, but by the time you do the focus lock, then take the picture, whatever you were trying to photograph has already changed. I am considering taking it back and exchanging for something else. :(

4. bomber.comodoro

bomber.comodoro Member

I just bought a S700 and I think it is a very good camera... but I cant find where to see the amount of my memory card.... I have a 1Gb SD card...
    Where I see my memory?? I just see a regressive counter of my fotos, but not the amount of the memory..

Thanks

Brazilian Friend

5. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

You might be able to see it from the Format screen (before you actually run the format).

6. bomber.comodoro

bomber.comodoro Member

Dont work... I go to the format screen and the camera only open an option FORMAT [OK - CANCEL].. so I click OK and she just format my card....
    Thanks for help
    other try? :confused:

7. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Darn. I can't think of anything else. Camera manufacturers assume that most people really only care about how many more pictures they can take (and they're probably right).

8. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

It is a good camera but if you want a great camera take a look at the Fuji Film s6000fd, it is a bit more expensive but the picture quality is superior.

9. bomber.comodoro

bomber.comodoro Member

I know....

Just a curious fact, here in Brazil the S700 cost $1000, imagine the S7000... damm import taxes!!!! I bought my S700 in a travel to EUA on april...

10. bomber.comodoro

bomber.comodoro Member

What is better Cannon,Sony, or Fuji ??? in terms of picture and lens quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.