Fujifilm FinePix S700

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by thecatspyjamas, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

It all depends on what you're comparing.

For example, with compact cameras, I'd pick Canon based purely on image quality, but if I wanted a better low-light camera, I go with a Fujifilm F model. Same goes for an ultra-zoom. If I wanted image stabilization, I'd go with a Canon S model, but if I wanted a good low-light camera and was ok with no having image stabilization, I'd consider the Fujifilm S6000fd or S9100.

If I wanted a slim camera with image stabilization, I'd consider the Sony T series, even though lens performance is not amazing.

2. bomber.comodoro

bomber.comodoro Member

Fuji as image stabilization based on shutter speed.... in your opinion, whats the best image stabilization system?
    In my small experience with digital cameras, I think the S700 image stabilization works fine...

3. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Since Fujifilm does such a good job with higher ISO settings, it does well to stabilize images in that way. With your more typical compacts, ISO settings over about ISO 200 get really noisy, so using a digital image stabilization system really degrades the quality of the image.

If you want to keep the ISO low, then you really need optical or mechanical (lens movement or sensor movement) image stabilization. The only problem with optical and mechanical image stabilization is that it doesn't do a good job if your subject is moving since shutter speeds remain slow.

4. Gail

Gail New Member

You've probably figured it out by now, but I just got an S700 and read in the instruction book how to set it to High Speed Shooting (Pg. 84) so there is quick focusing to not miss snapshots - hope that helps!

Gail

5. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Member

I also think using XD memory cards even the "M' series instead of the "H' series for high speed is much faster than using SD cards. I bought the S700 for increased mega pixels from my S5200 and the ability to use SD memory cards in addition to XD cards. There's a rapid shoot button on the top right that takes 4 quick shots if that's what you're looking for. If you don't use a tripod and want to take long shots or extreme closeups, override the ISO auto setting and turn it up past 400 for less judder. Even close ot 1000 ISO couldn't hurt.

There are a lot of knowledgable photographers here to help which is great.

6. blink

blink New Member

your discussion helped a lot, i'm planning to buy a camera and i saw this fuji finepix s700 and seems to be a good buy. and i'm more eager to buy one from what i have read in this forum.

7. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Member

8. kostalota

kostalota New Member

Just purchased this camera & find when viewing an image BEFORE taking pictures everything looks grainy.. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  9. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Member

Here is one example of my S700. It was tough for me to master at first but it takes fantastic images. This camera is every bit as good as many digital SLR's.

[​IMG]

10. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Great shot! Nicely composed, with really nice contrast and depth of color. The left-hand highlights may be just a hair hot, but I really like this. It definitely shows off the range of your camera, and your eye.

If you'd like, I'd encourage you to post it in the photo gallery on this forum if you haven't already.

Thanks for the follow-up,
    dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.