Fujifilm FinePix S700

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by thecatspyjamas, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Member

Glad you liked the photo. I just wanted show potential and current S700 customers what the camera can do. I'm also on the skyscraper page forum and they've made this photo one of their centerpieces for Vegas.

The S700 is a great camera once you spend a couple hours learning how it likes to be used. I was frustrated at first because my S5200 was so easy. Just keep your instruction manual handy and read it from cover to cover. Go ahead and submit my photo to the other page you were talking about if you would like to.

2. James23

James23 New Member

Just a curious fact, here in Brazil the S700 cost $1000, imagine the S7000... damm import taxes!!!! I bought my S700 in a travel to EUA on april...

3. THERESA'S FUJI

THERESA'S FUJI New Member

I bought my s700 back on Sept 07. The camera fell on the floor (carpet) now there is no screen and no view finder. My Canon power shot A400 Ive had for about 4 years and Ive dropped that thing alot and its still going strong..Is there a site I can see if Fuji will fix it..

4. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Your best bet will be to call Fuji or find a dealer that does repairs. Given the cost of replacing a screen, it's usually (though not always) not worth it - it will be just as cheap in most cases with something like the S700 to simply replace the camera.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
    dr

5. THERESA'S FUJI

THERESA'S FUJI New Member

Thanks David for the info..

6. skoxpress

skoxpress New Member

The s700 is my 2nd digital and I really like it. Being new, I wondered why a camera with less mp-6.3 (verses 7.1) and no stabilization, would be better?

7. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Because the S6000fd has the Fuji Superccd, which is much larger than the sensor in the S700 and gives much better photos in low light conditions.

8. coppertop

coppertop New Member

When I first got the camera, the delay of shot didn't seem so long.
    Now, however, after time the delay IS SLOW. Not great for Christmas
    party shots! I've got my husband getting some good batteries for it according to a forum (I know nothing about batteries), and am hoping this will help. If it doesn't, I too may sell this and get something else. Too bad, it was a gift from my husband. The book is SO difficult to understand and frankly I feel some of it is miswritten according to when I follow their directions for settings...If the new batteries speed up the shot, I'll let you know. I don't think there is a setting for time delay for snap except on
    the timer setting... :confused:

9. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Active Member

I think it's funny that Hans has a picture of a large building as an example, since in the first Die Hard movie a group of terrorists lead, by a character named Hans Gruber, take control of a large office building in Los Angeles.

10. map95003

map95003 Member

Is anyone using the s700 to take pics of their aquarium? I have a reef aquarium and I'm trying to take pics of my live corals, I have a 324w flourescent light above the tank so it's pretty bright, however my pics still come out dark and the colors don't look anything like my corals. Any suggestions on settings to use? thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.